First Announcement of Conference & Call on Submission of Abstracts
The 2022 4th Belt & Road Initiative Global Health International Congress
& 2022 University Alliance of the Silk Road Health Forum
June 17~19, 2022, Xi’an, China
The Conference will be held at Western China Science and Technology Innovation Harbour (iHarbour), in Xi’an, China, on June 17-19th, 2022. It will be jointly hosted by Xi’an Jiaotong University Health Sciences Center, Global Health Institute, School of Public Health, and the Health Sub-Alliance of the University Alliance of the Silk Road, and co-organized by Chinese Preventive Medicine Association-Chinese Society on Global Health, Chinese Nutrition Society, International Diabetes Federation, China Health Policy and Management Society, International Chinese Nutrition Young Scholar Network and some other organizations.
Leaders and experts from China and abroad will present at the conference, including delegates from international organizations. National continuing education credits will be available upon request. The conference consists about 20 keynote and thematic forums, including a youth forum. The conference calls on abstract submission. Interested scholars and graduate students from China and overseas are welcome to join! Key information is as follows:
1. Conference Theme
Interdisciplinary International Collaboration • Addressing Human Challenges • Promoting Health for the Globe
2. Conferences Topics
The Congress will cover around 20 topics of significant global health issues, with keynote speech forum, various thematic forums, youth forum and poster exhibition. Details of different sessions are listed below.
1) Response to Major Global Health Problems and Challenges (Co-organized with Chinese Preventive Medicine Association-Chinese Society on Global Health)
2) Prevention and Control of Infectious Disease: Drawing lessons from the COVID‐19 pandemic
3) " University Alliance of Silk Road Health Sub-Alliance" Annual Meeting: Training of Interdisciplinary Health Talent (Co-organized with Health Sub-Alliance of the University Alliance of the Silk Road)
4) Chronic Diseases Prevention and Control (Co-organized with Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
5) Nutrition and Health (Co-organized with Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Chinese Nutrition Society)
6) Health Aging and Geratology
7) Prevention and Control of Obesity (Co-organized with Obesity Prevention and Control Society of Chinese Nutrition Society)
8) Prevention and Control of Diabetes (Co-organized with International Diabetes Federation)
9) Prevention and Control of Environmental and Endemic Diseases
10) Intelligent Wearable Devices and the Integration of Sports and Medicine (Co-organized with HUAWEI)
11) Health literacy and Health Promotion
12) Research and Practice of "Health China 2030", Health Poverty Alleviation and "Rural Revitalization
13) Dialogue with editor-in-chief of top international journals: research paper writing training
3. Selected Invited Speakers
Leaders and experts from the World Health Organization (WHO), International Diabetes Federation (IDF), Chinese National Health Commission, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CCDC), Asia-Pacific Clinical Nutrition Society, Chinese Preventive Medicine Association (CPMA), Chinese Nutrition Society (CNS) and other institutions, scholars from around the globe, presidents of universities and hospitals will attend the conference and present their work.
June 17, 2022 (Friday) 14:00-21:00 Registration
June 18, 2022 (Saturday) 08:00-21:00 Opening Ceremony/Keynote Speech/ Thematic Forums
June 29, 2022 (Sunday) 08:00-21:00 Thematic Forums
June 20, 2022 (Monday) 08:00-12:00 Close Door Meetings/Cooperative Projects (by invitation)
Venue: Western China Science and Technology Innovation Harbour (iHarbour, Xi 'an, Shaanxi)
5. Enterprise Cooperation / Sponsors
The Congress invites outstanding domestic and foreign companies to sponsor and provides support and cooperation in all aspects.
Contact: Ms. Lihua YAN. Email：email@example.com
6. Contact Us
Ms. Lihua YAN, Tel: +86-29-8896-7396 (office), 189-9282-0077 (mobile)
Please follow the WeChat official account of "Xi’an Jiaotong University Global Health Institute"(ID: GHI_XJTU). More details will be released later.
8. Call for Abstracts (to be selected for poster and oral presentations)
The conference welcomes scholars and graduate students in relevant fields to submit abstracts. Excellent abstracts will be selected for poster or oral presentations in the "Youth Forum". Outstanding reports will be awarded the "Young Scholar Star Award Certificate" and prize.
1) Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19
2) Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases
3) Prevention and Control of Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases
4) Prevention and Control of Obesity
5) Nutrition and Health
6) Environmental Health and Endemic Diseases
7) Aging and Health
8) Health Systems and Policies
9) Health Big Data
10) Mobile Health and Systems Science
11) Behavioral Health
12) Intelligent Wearable Devices and Integration of Sports and Medicine
13) Research and Practice of Poverty Alleviation via Health Promotion
2. Requirements for abstracts
1) The study should not have been published in any academic journals.
2) Abstracts should be submitted as Word file to XJTU_GHI_BRGHC@163.com. The Email subject line and the document’s title should be named using the: “BRGHC4 submit + author’s name + affiliation + Theme/Topic of the abstract”. The submission of a paper document is not acceptable.
3) Abstracts should be in English and <300 words for the main text; in total <500 words for the full submission, including study title, author information (name, job title, institution, email). The abstracts should be written in a structured format, including study Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusions, and Keywords. Declare possible conflicts of interest.
Submission deadline: April 29, 2022
Notification of acceptance: Before June 1, 2022
4. Review and selection of abstracts
The Academic Committee of the Conference will organize an expert review meeting to review all the abstracts submitted (Abstracts without confirmation of the registration will not be accepted.), selected abstracts will be included in the Abstract Brochure, and excellent abstracts will be selected for poster and oral presentations. Note registration fee need to be paid.
Excellent presentations will be awarded “Young Scholar Star Award Certificate” and prize.
9. Background of the Conference
Health is an essential cornerstone for public well-being and happiness. It is an important symbol of a country's prosperity and social civilization. The outbreak of Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in early 2020 has posed a significant threat to many countries. Meanwhile, the burden of chronic diseases is escalating across all regions of the world. The resolution of these health problems typically requires interdisciplinary and transnational cooperation to help build a community of shared future for mankind.
The Global Health Research Institute (GHI) of Xi'an Jiaotong University, cooperating with some other well-known institutions from China and abroad, successfully held three Belt & Road Initiative Global Health International Congresses in 2017, 2018 and 2019, respectively. Well-known experts and leaders from the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF), National Health Commission, Health Commission of Shaanxi Province, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Asia Pacific Clinical Nutrition Society, Chinese Preventive Medicine Association Chinese Society on Global Health and other institutions participated and shared their ideas and views.
Based on the success of holding the three international congress since 2017, the 2022 Congress will further strengthen interdisciplinary and extensive international exchanges and cooperation, provide a communication platform for health-related policy makers, researchers and other relevant workers from China and abroad, and help address major health problems faced by relevant countries.
10. Xi'an Jiaotong University Global Health Institute
The Global Health Institute (GHI) was formally established on September 18, 2016, aiming at implementing China’s National Innovation-driven Development Strategy, “Belt and Road Initiative” and Healthy China strategy. GHI is a high-level scientific research academic and talent training platform established by the Xi'an Jiaotong University Health Sciences Center, built upon the School of Public Health and other strong disciplines such as medicine and health, informatics, management, humanities and engineering. GHI is the first of the 29 institutes established in the Western China Science and Technology Innovation Harbour (iHarbour)-Wisdom Uni-Town, and is the first global health institute established in western China.
Please follow our official WeChat account or scan the QR Code below to get more information and updates!